Tuesday, July 8, 2025

My Lover’s Kaleidoscopic Pyre

What the secret constellations of time

Had memorised

Will erase your intoxication
And your delusions about our past
Into an ablution.

Stargazing will bring you wisdom
If you are full of regret.


I do not know 

Which is more difficult:
Letting go or being forever heartbroken.

A great deluge of memory reminds me,

Of things I have to keep in the kaleidoscope Into which I carelessly chant my farewell.

Endure my whispers in the void.

It must be love if I hear my thoughts in your voice.

It must be love if I succumb to this helplessness. It must be love if I think of you When this diabolic pain rips my insides out.


Without you, I have lived in the grey for so long that I no longer mind the sour taste of defeat in my lemonade, And I let these pastel violets fade to that midnight black. Is lavender still your favourite colour, Or are you more fond of your sea green blue now?


Seasons paint the landscapes to hide the blankness,
What might the atonement for this broken faith be?

To sharpen the memories

And cut through the obstacles 

Is perhaps the way I have to go.

The bitter pain of our parting Does not numb this pain anymore.


To watch the sky from which these tears fall

I step outside the threshold.
The clouds are black.
But, without them, this cleansing rain wouldn’t fall.
From behind the veil, I saw resolution, not conquest.


Contentment cures

Your lust for youth and innocence.
Your envy of the beautiful
Is the antidote
To your renunciation of morality.

Your forgiveness was love,
Your kindness companionship. 


The pyre is awake. 

Death is your master.

Evil cannot enter the premises of this monastery.

Love is pure. Faith restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bhelpuri at Sunset

  When I truly let go of the memory of the ideological suicide I’ve committed that day, and forget even the lust to fulfil my innermost desi...