You haunt me.
Swinging by a rope,
stranded, in the month of spring.
Will you bring my name onto your tongue?
These years have emptied this lake,
but the valley will still resonate your voice
and the bitterness of truth
and the humiliating restlessness in the heart
will awaken regret.
I know,
you will remember me.
I was wronged when I was like you.
Still, I wronged you, unknowingly.
We are reminded of our mistakes to the extent of tears,
of innocent days
when all was lost
long before we could know what is right and what was wrong,
when our fears were just not the irrational fears of a child,
but the very ghosts that chased us.
but the very ghosts that chased us.
Signal the wrongs in this world.
Now that noise has grown
inside me
and I am surrounded
by the fruits of passion.
Love embraces me.
The valley is lush
and the marigold fills it.
When these words are sung out loud
and you reminded of me,
have heart,
it's made of sleepless nights, of thinking
what will happen if I sing you these words
in the valley, my voice resonating
finds you somewhere on your walk into oblivion.
I, expressing my lament to your ghost
long before you are dead
find myself, after the sun has died
and the moonshine no longer casts it's silver on these hills,
to drape them with moon's blood
to drape them with moon's blood
in the absence of yet another bloom in the marigold seed.
When the land is barren
and the eyes run dry.
When the land is barren
and the eyes run dry.
This one's really moving. Loved it.
ReplyDelete