Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Collector of Stones and Different Kinds of Wood

Someone was here last night.
All the trees are fallen
and the soil left ashy.
They harnessed the sun,
our ancestors now dead, mourning, turn
along with this beautiful planet
over our lives put in danger.
But our needs must fulfil. 
And now, they are not our needs.
We don't know when they ceased to be,
maybe somewhere in the middle,
since surely this isn't the end.

Layer upon layer our stones assembled,
then sculpted carefully.
And the women carrying wood on their heads
upon the layers
on which rests the earthen pot
half empty.

Lay to waste the collector's art.
Deceived in disguise.
Here on my table an entire elephant sits
and the table many trees itself.
Before they were cut with the sharp edge 
of an otherwise blunt knife,
they used to be for everyone.
Now these stones are mine and these woods.
They are all mine.
Leave before you are dealt with.
I believe I have sharper knives
for you
than i do 
for the trees and the earth.

1 comment:

  1. Something has gotten into you! Your voice here is so sure and strong. ♥️ Love it

    ReplyDelete

Bhelpuri at Sunset

  When I truly let go of the memory of the ideological suicide I’ve committed that day, and forget even the lust to fulfil my innermost desi...