O' youth!
I remember you, curiously.
Your divided nativity
roots the surfacing grey urban human
to the blackness of the deeper tribal inhuman.
How utterly terrified are you
of a mere indestructible atom!
I know you fear eternity,
yet you peer at the ocean, baffled,
longing to explore its wild side
even if it may take your life.
You draw simple pleasures through your feet
from the caresses of its withdrawing waves.
Walk with me toward the gates of death,
hand in hand, O' glorious youth!
In one moment of madness
two worlds collided, yours and mine,
and all you do is smile that electric smile?
That spark has into a reverie blurred,
thoughts into chaos drowned.
How will these wounds heal,
when all you do
is injure yourself?
How will these wounds heal,
when your eyes ablaze
at this ephemeral dance of lust?
How will these wounds heal
when forbidden addictions inject desires,
like venom, into your senses?
How will these wounds heal,
when every time I think of you
tremors devastate the rest of my world?
An erotic spark ignited
and we made a mistake.
We will learn from it one day
if we live,
but we will live a life of regret.
If I express my love for you
into chaos deeper still I will fall.
Can a future unearth our absurd relationship
and we correct our past?
I ask the Sibyl of Babylon
who foretold the exploits of Alexander.
The abstinent ascetic speaks:
Immolate yourself in this fire of desire
and renounce this passionate spirit of yours.
A violent creature spirals skyward,
rising from the wrathful ocean.
Lightening crashes down from heaven,
bringing us the mask of death.
And all this occurs because
a butterfly hath flapped its wings?
No comments:
Post a Comment