Friday, March 11, 2022

Love Song No. I from the notebook A Chronicle on Abstinence

Heaven appeared in the reflection of clear water.
Moving along the currents of wind, like gold gleaming sands,
Heaven illumined through beautiful masks of time.
Over the kingdom of heaven, I see you, lovingly and with devotion.
Wholly astonished I, peer at this mirror, albeit a mirage
knit of our own minds when with innate innocence we delved together
into the sensuous games of pleasure, when we possessed our heavenly
dreams of loyalty.

As time passed, amiss I, seeing its divine beauty, speculated that 
time wished to fill me, dwell within me, lead me to my decay, feed the earth,
but found there my love residing in the fountain, time turned to go
mysteriously, so that it dare not push I into that endless fit of madness
which love is so capable of. 

But as we learnt of time's proximity, we traced our footsteps to see
what passed us by without affectionate greeting, leaving us undisturbed,
Knowing it was death which had turned away, I hold onto your fingers
promising that that invisible thing has marched towards
the collapse of this corporeal world and onto where the kingdom of heaven begins.  

2 comments:

Bhelpuri at Sunset

  When I truly let go of the memory of the ideological suicide I’ve committed that day, and forget even the lust to fulfil my innermost desi...